Friday, January 13, 2012

Out With The Old, In With The New!






I hate exercising!  Last year I made several attempts to ride an exercise bike.  It was hard to get motivated to actually get on it.   Last fall I finally forced myself to exercise for about forty minutes.  The next few days I was so sore I ignored the "no pain, no gain" motto.  While I struggled to start exercising again,  I noticed the bike was missing.  My husband told me he put it out to pasture.  Several weeks later I was slumped on the sofa flipping channels, and noticed a show about New Year's Resolutions.  They stated about 35% of people fail on their resolutions in January.  I can definitely identify with that.

In order to succeed at a given task, I realize it takes more than will power. Because of my weaknesses, I need the help and strength of the Lord to not fall short of what he wants me to be.  I am so encouraged by the scripture in Lamentations 3:22-23, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."   So when you get up each morning,  his mercies toward you will be "new".  Our God is faithful, and He won't forget his promises to you no matter what time of the year.


Ephesians 4:22-24

I sometimes struggle with old thoughts, old habits, and old tendencies.  God's word tells us not to lose heart, but be renewed every day.  How do we do that?  PUT ON A NEW SELF DAILY.  "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness". Ephesians 4:22-24.   I decided for the new year to try out God's plan. The next time you see me, I may look the same on the outside, but inside there will be the new me! 

A New Self?

If you want new changes and you still have some doubt, then consider this. Through our Lord Jesus Christ we can be reconciled to God.  We are justified by receiving God's provision of grace and accepting his mercy.  His son Jesus came to do away with our old life, and be made new in him.  "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17.  Receive his love and forgiveness, and start this year off as a brand new person.


My Prayer: 

Thank you Lord for your love and compassion each day.  Help us keep our hearts and minds focused on you.  Someday, God says in His word,  "He is going to make everything new".  We will dwell in His presence with our new bodies.  The old order of things will be passed away.  Praise your Holy name!  Amen.




Jody

1 comment:

  1. Amen! That was beautiful!!
    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete