Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lost and Found

I have a habit of feeding birds with our leftover bread and popcorn.  Our family enjoys observing the variety of birds enjoying their meal.  I looked out my kitchen window, and noticed a lovely cat eating the food I put out for the birds.  To my surprise, I thought cats were finicky about what they ate. The cat appeared more frequently and my daughter began to play with her.  My daughter grew fond of her and named the cat "Tiger".

Early one morning when it was still dark, my husband was leaving for work.  He thought I had left one of my hats on the back porch.  As he reached to pick it up, two eyes appeared before him.  My husband jumped back because he was startled by the cat.  He looked around, and was relieved no one saw his reaction.

We realized she was a stray cat.  We decided to take her in until we could find a good home for her.  It was stressful to keep the animals away from each other.  My dogs wanted to attack her, and I was afraid she would eat our cockatiel and guinea pigs.  We sent a text picture of Tiger to a friend from church.  His beloved cat had passed away several months earlier.  Our friend and his wife came to see her.  Tiger immediately responded to him, and they wanted her for a pet.  We were overjoyed to have found the lost cat a home. 

"I have strayed like a lost sheep.  Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands."  Psalms 119:176


When my mother passed away, I was lost without her.  I could not figure out how to deal with the grief, and felt alone.  I had to work through the assurance of knowing God is with me, even though my emotions betrayed me.  I realized I had carried the burden way too long.  I finally gave it to the Lord, and he met me at my moment of need.  God can take away burdens, sin, or anything which keeps us bound.   I am reminded of the song "Amazing Grace" by John Newton.  I can identify with him about being lost and found.

"For the Son of Man is come to save that which is lost."  Matthew 18:11

Whether you have wandered off in life, or are lost  in your particular situation, the Lord is looking for you.  It is all part of God's perfect plan.  His son came to seek and save.  God is not willing anyone should perish.  God's grace forgives, restores, and heals.  Our Lord wants to lead us on the right path.  All we have to do is respond.   

"Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep."  Luke 15:6

In the parable of the lost sheep, it tells how important it was to look until it was found.  There was rejoicing in heaven when the sheep was brought home.  Even the angels joined in on the celebration.  Jesus is a loving shepherd calling out to you.  Do you hear his voice?



My Prayer:

Photobucket



Jody

1 comment:

  1. Amen. "Tiger" or Cindy as she is calked now, is still going strong. We're blessed to have her. Thanks again!! And this post has been very timely for me so many years after it was first written. The things of God never lose their significance, no matter how much time passes.🙏

    ReplyDelete